Naturopathy is a method of healthcare that recognises the body’s own healing potential. The naturopathic physician works with the patient's physiological and emotional mechanisms to establish optimum health and regain vitality.
Naturopathy focuses on recognising the cause of underlying health concerns and addresses them rather than just treating the symptoms. Each patient is treated as an individual, considering his or her unique physical, biochemical, and emotional aspects. Various diagnostic tools are used to evaluate the patient's health and vitality levels.
Naturopathic therapeutic techniques are gentle and non-invasive, and include:
- Nutritional therapy
- Medicinal herbs
- Bodywork & massage
- Lifestyle advice
- Education relating to health & disease
Benefits of naturopathy
- Aims to treat the cause of underlying health concerns
- Holistic approach
- Use of a variety of treatment methods
- Helps to maintain wellness & good health
- Safe & effective for both adults and children